Friday 18 February 2011

Introduction to JK Creations

Hi Friends,thanks for liking my status in facebook that gave me the motivation to start this blog.
Cooking is my hobby, being a full time housewife is my ambition, and i am not kidding. I know that is so not ambitious, but that is my ambition. LOL... Since i was a little gal i have been day dreaming about being the best wife, best mummy. :)

I feel that a home will not feel like a home without 饭菜香 ( the aroma of cooking coming from the kitchen) and thus i will try to cook once in a while to make my home a more ideal home with the 饭菜香。。 i may not be the best cook, but i believe the effort will count. I am very much inspired by my mum, who cooks very well and my dad used to help out in the cookhouse during his NS times. So my dad is a good cook too. Last but not least, and something i am proud of.. i scored A1 for my food and nutrition for  O levels. I guess its the passion that made me score. :)

JK Creations (JKC)

J= Jessie
K= Ken

JK creations is basically whatever ideas me and my hub come up with.

I love to cook, he loves to cook too.. its a common interest we share and our fav show is 三菜一汤.  I strongly believe its common interest and goals that keeps a couple going.. so we decide to make this our common hobby and see how many dishes we can actually cook up. But one thing for sure, we cant work tog in a kitchen together at the same time.. LOL we have such different methods of doing things that if we work together we may be at war.

What i will post in our cooking blog will be some simple dishes which we will like to share with friends who are interested to know.

Last but not least, let me introduce my kitchen.

The kitchen is something that gave me a lot of headache during the reno process.. but i am glad all is well and the kitchen is done the way i want it.  (after a lot of tears shedded.. and i am not kidding, i cried at least 3 times over the whole reno of the kitchen)

My initial idea (3D hand sketch by K)


my first thought was to have a 'bar counter' to separate the cooking area and the dining area.. so i told K what i wanted so he can draw out something to show our carpenter. Then after much research we come to know that the kitchen must work in a triangle.. the stove (fire), fridge(elect) and washing sink(water) must be in a triangular plan. I read that in ikea kitchen handouts also.. So this plan is definitely OUT. And also, there is some problem with the cabinet (legs)... which i did not want to go into details to bore you... if you wan know more you can ask me directly.

So after reading more interior design magazine and working with our carpenter, we decide to do the L shape kitchen which most ppl have now.

My 2D drawing of my kitchen before the cabinet is done...(i draw this using paint all by myself.. thats y its 2D.. LOL)


Heard of the magic paintbrush? Our carpenter, Mr Liew turn my picture into reality ( i cant find the pic with the front view, but you get the idea.. )


i love the small island. Old HDB flat kitchen are ususally v long, as i intend to create a dining area, i have no choice but to make my cabinet short (and sweet and functional) and i added the island so i can keep pots and pans. This is actually v useful as even when we having steamboat on new year eve, we can push the island to the side of the dining table to put our ingredients. And when you want to be funny u can push it around and start calling " siew mai, har gao...cha siew bao, siew long bao....."

And the reason we choose the brown wood laminate for our cabinets is becos we had to find something that match the tiles for our sink area. And we found this wood looking tile that doesnt look like tiles for the sink area, so we choose the same colour laminate for the cabinet to make the whole thing match.
There are guests who asked us if the sink area is covered by laminate.. and i proudly say, its tiles!! 看不出来对吗?haha..

Last but not least, the dining area.. ( i am sorry for the mess.. i lazy to re-take a photo but the table was in a mess as the photo was taken right after we stick the wall decals)


This is just a brief intro to JK Creations (kitchen).. i will start my recipe sharing the next entry. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment